Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Baby Boy

Today is Christmas Eve, of course. Today we have a poem for our meditation. I'm assuming that we will be part of worship today and/or tomorrow, so I will not have a post tomorrow or on the 26th. But if you have a Christmas Meditation you would like to share (poem, devotional thought, etc.) feel free to tack it onto this post.

Blessings on your Christmas celebration. It is a most wonderful day!

A Baby Boy

Tired mother, labor done,
Doting husband, faithful one,
See what joy the Newborn brings,
Joseph smiles, Mary sings.
See her touch His tiny nose
Kiss His fingers, count His toes.
That God became a baby boy
Fills my heart with love and joy.
Oh, let me kiss my Savior too!

Night sky opens, piercing light,
Glorious angels shining bright,
Hear what news compels the choir
Glowing pure in holy fire,
The herald tells of God's good grace,
Peace to all the sinful race.
A Savior now a baby boy
Will fill the world with Gospel joy.
Oh, let me tell the Good News too!

Winded shepherds, staring eyes,
Full of wonder, great surprise,
Pausing now at wooden bed
Bending knee, bowing head,
These lambs are gathered in His fold
Then run and praise the One foretold.
The Shepherd now a baby boy
Will die and rise to give sheep joy.
Oh, let me sing his praises too!

- Rev. Jonathan Gruen


Merry Christmas!

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment