Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Am the One Who Helps You

Read 2 Chronicles 11

Read Isaiah 41

Verses 9 and 10 of Isaiah 41 provide great comfort: "'You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off'; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

In addition to these words, God tells us in this chapter a few times that he is the One who helps us. It is not beneath him to be a helper. It is not too lowly for him to serve us, keeping our best interests in mind.

And this we see especially in Christ Jesus, who came to seek and save the lost. He came to conquer death and the devil by paying for our sin and granting us free forgiveness. Now we are more than conquerors through him. And we are promised his daily presence and strength. He is our helper! And he did so by becoming helpless on the cross! What amazing love!

Today, meditate on the verses where God promises to be our help, then...

Ask Yourself:

How have I been discouraged lately? What struggle is in my life? What opposition lies before me?

How have I failed to trust him? How have I failed to live for his glory?

How wonderful is God's forgiveness and strength! What strength of God's will help me through my current adversities?

Pray:

Pray from your heart today concerning the answers to the questions above.

Study with me tomorrow,

Pastor Jon

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment